Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The beginning

February 27, 2009 was the day our lives changed forever, again. Zachary Carson was born by c-section at 7:40 am. He was 7 lbs and 6 oz and 19 1/4 inches long, he came out fighting and kicking. I went to recovery and anxiously awaited baby Zach to join me, but he seemed to have some trouble. Dr. Young came in a little while later to let me know what was going on, he was so excited his heart was beating really fast and they were afraid he had a hole in his heart so they were keeping him in the nursery til he calmed down. I remember going through recovery and then to my room and what seemed like an eternity before I got to see my baby. It was only about 4 hours but seemed a lot longer. He calmed down and was fine, no heart problems..just a big scare!
We went home 2 days later, and the next morning a huge snow storm came into town and baby Zach got to see his first snow (from inside the house, of course). His brother Luke, 22 months at the time, enjoyed the snow and was enjoying his brother as well. Baby Zach was doing really well, he grew and developed like all normal babies. I nursed him for about 6 months, which was nice but tiring. He would nurse and wake up screaming 2 hours later all night. Dr. Young figured he couldn't tolerate lactose so I stoped breastfeeding and we tried formula, first lactose free then soy then hypoallergenic and finally found one he could tolerate. At around 11 months we switched him to cow milk with no problems, so we thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment