Wednesday, November 20, 2013

a friend

Sometimes you meet people that you never thought you would but then find out you couldn't go on without them.

 
I have been helped, and hurt and left. But those who did, taught me lessons about life that I thought I had figured out but I was so wrong, lessons that I am forever grateful for, that have made me a better person.

I have never been a person with many friends, I am not one to open up or share my deepest secrets. I don't say I love you lightly. I am bad at saying I am sorry.

Whether it's from losing people I thought were friends, or from being a daddy's little girl without the dad. I am this person that hides their feelings. So it takes a special person to come into my life to make me want to share.

 
I believe in friendship, I believe in best friends, soulmates..
I couldn't imagine my life right now without my best friend, the one friend that knows every piece of my soul, my heart. All my secrets, all my wishes and dreams. This person that I can open up too, and share my day. I don't worry about being judged, they just listen and get me.
 
It's hard making friends and keeping friends when you have special needs children, they take so much of my time and attention. They drain me of my sanity sometimes and if you haven't been there, walked in my shoes then you just can't get it.
But my best friend does, I could never wish or want anyone better.
 
I love my best friend, they mean the world to me. And I will be forever grateful for the friendship we have.
 
"Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side.."

1 comment:

  1. you are WAY TOO much like your mom. Love you sweetie. mom

    ReplyDelete