Monday, March 17, 2014

Just a reflection

As I sit back and reflect on how much my boy has grown this year, I can't help but still worry about all the struggles he has yet to face. He is over halfway through his kindergarten year, and I am so proud of how well he is doing in school. I am thankful we found a school that fits his learning style and can accomadate to all the extras that he needs in school. Teaching him isn't easy, but again it isn't easy being him either.
He struggles so much with everyday life, the simpliest things can ruin his day and honestly make my life hell.
But I am so proud of him and the little man he has become. He loves his brother and for the most part, he really tries to get along with him. I know he hates when Zach accomplishes something that he hasn't yet mastered. And he gets his feelings hurt so easily, he is just very sensitive. I think this is hard to explain to people. He literally wears his emotions on his sleeves, he can go from happy to sad and back to happy again within minutes.
I worry about his future.
School is hard for him, friendships are hard, life is hard. Our weeks are filled with therapy appointments, psychologist appointments and school. I hope all these therapies help him in the end. I hope they help him cope with his feelings and learn to manage his anxieties and behaviors.
I hope he knows how much I want him to succeed, and how much I love him.

 photo specialsignature_zps598081d8.png

2 comments: