Friday, July 26, 2013

Saying goodbye to a legend

How do you say goodbye to the best doctor, patient advocate and believer of your family? We are facing this difficult task, and it is hard. I tear up thinking about the day we have to walk in and see someone new. And I know that day is coming, it literally scares every inch of my being. 

Someone that you have relied on so many times over the past 6 years, and especially over the past 3. Someone who you could call anytime, day or night. Who would stop and come answer my question on the phone in the middle of appointments. Someone who has seen the best and worst of me, has seen me cry too many times, has seen our sweet boy so so sick. Who stood up for you when no other doctor would, who always believed you and your family. 

I can't begin to say how much we owe to this doctor, how much we truly appreciate everything he has done for us, for Zach and Luke. I feel like I am losing a family member, even though he is just our pediatrician, he means so much to us. 

I can not forget the times when Zach was in the hospital and I was scared with questions and he called me the next morning upset that I hadn't called him with my questions. That is a true doctor, one who truly cares about his patients. One that will be missed by our family more than he will ever know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment