I am happy to say I was nominated for a Liebster award this week, by Tabitha over at A Hundred Tiny Wishes, which is good because I have been in a major writing funk and this definitely gave me a topic to write about.
1. You must link back to the person that nominated you. A BIG THANK YOU TO Tabitha for nominating me!
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions.
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You must tell the nominees that they have been nominated by you
The questions that I have been given to answer are:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in 2010, at first just to keep everyone updated on the health status of my youngest son who has a chronic illness and was very sick. But now it has turned into a great love of mine and a place I can share anything.
2. What is the story behind your blog name?
Both of my boys are have special needs, each different but both providing their own challenges. I chose Our Kind of Special as the name because they are one of a kind and both special.
3. Who is/was the most influential person in your life?
My best friend
4. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them.
5. If you could attempt to do something, and not fail, what would you attempt?
I would want to be able to see the world through my oldest son's eyes, and to feel things the way he does, to experience emotions and struggles the way he does everyday. I would never want to change who he is, his talents, his imagination, his smile but if I knew what it meant to be him. I feel I could make his world easier and better fit for him.
6. What is your favorite memory?
I think my favorite memory is hearing my first son's cry when he was born. He came into this world 8 weeks early and by emergency. He was a miracle from the day he was created and to think that he would not be here if he hadn't been delivered 8 weeks early.
7. If you had to choose between makeup and hair products (shampoo, etc. not included), which would you choose?
This one is hard for me, most day I don't even wear make-up and when I do, it is very little. I am not one for going places that I have to really dress up for or get fancy on the make up. And the only hair products I use are mouse and occasionally hair spray when the static is bad. So to choose between them....hmmmm I would go with the hair products, I can pull off the messy up do
8. Do you have a significant other? How did you meet?
9. Favorite animal?
My favorite animal ever is an elephant, they are majestic, and when I was younger I read a book written by Cleveland Amory about his rescue sanctuary. It made me completely hate and boycott Ringling Brothers circus for the way they treated them. I also hate watching the shows that show "when animals attack" and show elephants. It's not fair. I am a huge animal lover, always have had animals. I grew up with horses, cows, pygmy goats (who would follow me around like puppies), dogs and cats. Probably why I have mostly always worked in an animal atmosphere. Nowadays though, I am only sharing my love with cats, just not in a place to have a dog yet.
10. Do you have any hobbies, besides blogging?
I like to exercise and run. I participate in obstacle races and just signed up for a 24 mile hike in the mountains of NC. I enjoy anything to do with boys, and everything they like. They are my main hobby right now, we do everything together.
11. Top three favorite blogs/bloggers.
Voyage of MeeMee- because she is so freaking funny!!! Her blog always always cracks me up and honestly think we would be great friends, I would so totally blate her <3 div="">
Busy Budgeting Mama- she is so down to earth and her kids are the cutest. She is everything I would love to be blogging, she is awesome with her kids, makes the cutest crafts and host parties all the time. And she and her husband have the best relationship and are so cute together.
Queen of the Distracted- an awesome adhd blog, she is so funny but truthful about her experience with her kids and husband having adhd.
Jessica @ Just Jessica
Alyca @ A Table for Five
Kristy @ Twist & Sprinkle
Amber @ Amber Kristine says
Krystal @ Kinky.Love.Faith
Kae @ Where's My pacifier?
Laura @ The Everyday Joys
Jessica @ On the Wright Path
Mindy @ Best.Day.Ever
Amanda @ Happily Ever After
My 11 questions for them:
1.Is your blog everything that you dream of it being?
2. If you could live out your number 1 passion, what would it be?
3. What blogger do you most feel like you relate to and why?
4. Where is the one place that you want to visit before you die and what do you love about that place that makes you want to visit it?
5. What would you if you only had 1 day to live?
6. If you had a chance to tell someone something that you have regrets for not saying before now, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite all time movie?
8. What are your top 3 girl crushes, everyone has them so don't be shy?
9. What qualities matter most to you in a significant other?
10. Do you believe in love at first sight or knowing they are "the one" from the start?
11. What are your top 3 TV shows?