Wednesday, December 04, 2013

I RUN 4

I have been a member of an amazing group on facebook for the past couple of months, called I Run 4 Micheal. (IR4)
 
 
 
It's been called the most inspiring page on facebook. It truly is too, runners are matched up with special needs children to help inspire them. And even if you can't run, dedicating any activity to your "buddy" is amazing. Because it's really not about the running, it's about bringing joy to someone who isn't able to run or maybe even walk. It's about thinking about someone other than yourself, doing this for someone. Something as simple as saying hello and posting a picture, just to let them know you are thinking about them.
 
Being a mom of special needs children makes me enjoy this group so much more. My kids have special needs and they have struggles but they have mobility, they are more fortunate than others and I teach them that everyday. But I know what they feel when they see others doing something that they can't. And so this group helps that.
It was started by a man who started running and raising money for his friend who had down syndrome and it grew from there. Now there are thousands of runners and even a waiting list to get matched. It is truly inspiring and everyone should sign up.
 
You can sign up to get matched as a runner or a parent of a special needs child on their website www.whodoirun4.com and their facebook page I run for Michael.
 
"God gave me the gift of mobility. Others aren't as fortunate so I Run for Michael, who do YOU run for?"
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment